However, the threatening mood of the opening is thwarted with the arrival of a good-humored melody concluding in the relative major. Returning to the vigor of the opening but maintaining the major mode, a spirited Prestissimo restatement of the tarantella closes the piece. Joseph DuBose.
Courtesy of International Music Foundation. We at classicalconnect. It is our pleasure to be your virtual concert hall and bring you this performance. Liszt's piece is based on a tarantella composed by Guillaume Louis Cottrau as part of his "Passatempi Musicali", which helped to popularise the 'Canzone Napoletana' form. A 'tarantella' is a folk dance characterised by an uptempo beat, and is among the most recognised forms of traditional southern Italian music its name originating from the province of Taranto in the Apulia region.
- The Impostors Daughter: A True Memoir.
- Franz Liszt: Années de pèlerinage, supplement: Venezia e Napoli.
- Venezia e Napoli (Piano);
- Liszt: Venezia e Napoli.
- The Great Depression and the New Deal: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)?
- Liszt Venezia E Napoli - download free sheet music and scores.
Musescore Search. Browse Community. Try again More of this, please?
- You may be interested in?
- Venezia e Napoli on the Liszt piano in Liszts birth place in Raiding.
Follow to get notified when PhilTA has uploaded new scores. Follow PhilTA.